Our Mission :
At the Glenn L. Martin Wind Tunnel we are engaged in research, development, and education activities with applications spanning many areas including work on airplanes, automobiles, yacht keels & sails, submarines, etc.
- To advance the level of aerodynamic design of vehicles and other devices by generating design and development test data.
- To advance the state-of-the-art in aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, and closely related disciplines through experimental research.
- To advance the state-of-the-art in wind tunnel testing methods to include modelling arrangements, instrumentation, and increasing the integration of computing capability for rapid data presentation and on line comparison of results of measurements, analysis, and computations.
- To contribute to the education of undergraduate and graduate students at UMCP.
- To provide service to the citizens of the area, the state, and nation by hosting visitors and engaging in other educational activities to enhance and broaden the understanding of the influence of aerodynamics in various human activities.